Sunday, November 25, 2012

Aurora Quilters Gathering

Well I think this was the smallest turnout for our monthly gatherings that we've had - sure hope it picks up for next year!  If anyone in Winnipeg MB is looking for a centrally located quilting group that meets regularly (10:00 am to about 3:00 pm) and in a fair sized Church basement, please contact me by email for more information.  We do have a nominal annual membership fee (to help defer rent), a monthly drop in fee along with a potluck dish for our luncheon.  There are banquet tables for block layouts, quilt sandwiching and smaller tables for gathering around and stitching/gabbing along with iron, ironing/cutting board and a members' library of sorts!

So yesterday was a shown n tell of Jeanette's lovely hearts quilt for her darling Caraleigh and you can just see her Mom Raquel peaking from behind.  They are our newest members.

And here is a charity quilt donated by Margo who is currently enjoying the Arizona weather in her "snowbirds" home.  This one is very cheery with a fleece backing so will be very nice for someone to receive who needs the warming comfort during an illness.  Thank you Margo.

Now I'm hoping that we can get together as a group and make up more of these larger sized quilts for donation/charity.  They don't have to be fancy, look at the scrappy that I did for MPQ ABC Nickel Challenge group - yes I took my time to PLAN it out but it can also be a pull out of the bag type of scrappy.  Would be just as lovely and eventually will deplete your stash.  Honest I thought all those HSTs I made was going to make a huge dent in my stash - HUH I swear those blocks multiplied when I was out of the room!!!  Yes I have enough for a second quilt for that group but won't be done for this year, maybe next summer if my sister will quilt it for me?

No comments: