Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tired - Loads of Fun

PHEW this is a good but busy day for me!  See someone on a Yahoo group sent this link "A little Saucery-y pincushion tutorial!" and today I'm playing.  A month or so ago I and my sister and girlfriend made a few trips to the second hand stores and I picked up various china or stoneware saucers without their cups.  Then I checked with my handyman and he bought the glass/tile drill bit for his drill (which I reimbursed him for) and he drilled two holes very nicely in all of them without breaking one. 

So today I picked out a few to start with and promptly tackled the boxes in front of my two tall cupboards of fabrics - so now my sewing room has a U shape isle so I can maneuver around some.  Yes I need to finish that room just not today!  It took me over an hour to sort through those cupboards for possible FQs and then auditioning them with the saucers and choosing the possiblities.  Now I'm at the point of preparing the pincushions!

Yes I'll be back another time with a possible pick your favourite with each saucer as I know I can't put all five choices on one saucer.  See you back again soon!!!

No comments: