Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011 – A Different Experience - Part 3

OK we downed some much needed water pronto like and went to soak in the hot tub to soothe those poor overworked muscles. Then got dressed and headed into Falcon Lake hoping for a lovely different type of supper. NADA, ZIPPO, NO SUCH A THING!!! Well at least we saw some lovely homes/cottages enroute! I can't believe it, there’s no restaurant there at all, not even in the Hotel and the closest was at West Hawk Lake about 10 minutes away but that was closed on the 26th, so much for that idea, back to the cabin and the leftover pie and salad and some more of that delicious cake! That was the longest night for me as it was around 9:00 and we were both exhausted but it was just to danged early. Well Florence lasted a bit longer then called it a night and I finished watching the movie and called it a night too.

OH NO it’s over and we have to leave!!! Florence said it was the BEST Christmas she’s ever had so that made me feel very choked up and happy as I too had a lovely Christmas here too!

But that evening it was kinda drizzling and very very windy out so you can image what we woke to! Yeppers a good 10C colder and everything cold and stiff AND one of my back doors would not open so our loading up had to be reshuffled to fit everything in.

Well we made it, only half an hour over the check out time but we had called and told the office the linens were ready for pick up, so we didn’t hold the staff up getting ready for the next group for our cabin check in for 4:00 pm. Stupid me thought I’d get over heated in my parka so had my vest and light fleece jacket and back and forth I went loading up. WELL once into the car I realized I was chilled – on with the heat – much to Florence’s delight as usually I keep it low. On our way out we took a different route through the community and came across a family of deer – AWESOME!

Then I stopped to get gas and guess got chilled again and by the time we stopped for a lovely lunch at the Brass Lantern 2:30ish in Steinbach I was just shivering and had to switch to my parka – even hot tea didn’t warm me up. We even checked out the MCC Thrift Store and I bought more china saucers and Florence a book she wanted to read. Yep I drove back with the parka on (a first for me except for the days of my Dart that didn’t have heat in the winter) and heat full force just about – even Florence turned down the fan partway as it was too much already for her – LOL!

We finally got back into the city and I helped Florence unload and then headed home and even in my warm apt I still could not warm up and basically after unpacking necessities I just relaxed. That’s all I had energy for!

THAT’S IT!!!

4 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

What a time you had. I was getting worried about you both when I was reading about the trail and the tracks disappearing. I was afraid you were going to say you had to sleep in a tree and eat berries! What an adventure and one you will not soon forget.
Deb

Quayceetatter said...

Deb you are funny!! I can see Roseann sleeping in a tree and there are no berries this time of year!! What an adventure! Can I come too!!!! Linda in NM

Rose Anne B said...

Ha Ha Ha you girls!!! I'm definitely not a tree climber no matter what kind of berries are up there!!!

Mandy Currie said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time, I really enjoyed going through your blog to read the next part of the story. Of course, I would have chosen somewhere in a much warmer climate, but I think it's a brilliant idea. Almost like a quilting getaway. Loved the way you wrote the story, bit scary at one stage, lol. Glad you found your way home. Regards Mandy Currie (mandycurrie@googlemail.com)