Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Swap - 1st Day

OK I tried something new this year and had a TONNE of fun first off deciding how to change the words in the song to pertain to my gifts and then actually finding all the various items for the swap and then in the end actually wrapping them all up individually along with the individual lines pertaining to that gift!  PHEW that was a chore and I was quickly running out of time, but it was mailed and was recieved by my friend.  So now the fun begins.  Yes I too received mine from Joyce in Mobile Alabama USA and the box was full of mostly little packages - but maybe not so little gifts once opened!!!  We will see.  NOOOO, I will not show you pictures of my packages, you'll have to wait till the Dec. 25th unveiling and then I'll post my gifts along with a group photo of all those that I had received - wrapped and opened!!! 

Day #1 was a gift bag and loose in the box was a peacock pendant.  I was not sure but thought it might have fallen out of Day #1 so I slipped it back in before taking my package to work with me.  SEE my home computer was on the fritz again so am staying after work to play catch up on Yahoo!!!

OK enough chatting - here's the gift:

So it was soft from the initial squeezing - smiling!  In seconds it was out of the bag and tissue and there was this large stitched pear and a paper strip with the song line "On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me a peacock in a pear tree." - see I was right it did belong to this present!!!  The bottom of the pear has pebbles in it - reminds me of a minnie punching bag (remember those clownie ones as kids).  Yes I took a picture and in our office FIG tree - thought that was quite appropriate.
Day #1 - peacock in a pear tree
Thank you so very much Joyce for this lovely pendant - not sure if I'll use it on a black cord for a necklace or maybe some day it'll adorn a CQing block.  Will think on this one.

2 comments:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

OH what fun you will have opening all the little gifts. The pear ornament wit the peacock is darling.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Oh wow! Joyce really put some thought into this didn't she? I can't wait to see the big unveiling of all the goodies!