Wednesday, November 23, 2011

YEAH!!!

OMGG I'm going to be published again, it's been year's since the first time, but this time I was interviewed and will have a story along with some of my creations published.  Yes the theme is small quilting projects and my story is "Miniature Masterpieces" at least that was on my draft copy in the spring issue of CQA magazine!!!  WOW!!! 

So I've a few photos that were chosen (including the top half of the Gwen Fox Gallery postcard display) and then was asked to send along my own favourite crazy patch "White Winter" and maybe a postcard that I've received - well I've chosen two - Shirley P's Waterfall Landscape that actually got me inspried to start postcard swapping and MaryLou C's Summertime Crazy Patch that inspired me to explore further into "crazy patch quilting".  So I'm not sure which one or all that they will publish with the story but the reply from CQA sure sounded positive.  Thank you Val H for asking for my story!!!



AND if that is not enough to put a smile on my face and pick me up some, I also attempted embroidering my second tree - and succeeded!!!

Yes I followed Marsha Michler's instructions from "Crazy Quilted Motifs" for tracing out your image onto tracing paper, basting to the block and then outlining the image.  Then remove the tracing paper and continue with filling in the image with whatever stitches you wish - for my tree I continued with the outline or stem stitch and then the leaves were chain stitch with perle cotton to give some dimension.




Now to try my quilting friend Leslie's Tree tutorials and see how those trees turn out for me.  I need more hours to my day that is for sure!  And also back to my healthy self - this flu bug is kicking the ???? out of me and cutting into my stitching time too!!!

6 comments:

gocrazywithme said...

I like your tree very much. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Tree looks good. Congratulations, RA!

Lorraine said...

Congrats Rose Anne - look forward to seeing your article in the next issue of CQA mag.... Your stitched tree is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I love how the tree turned out.

Pat J.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Congratulations!! This is soooo cool! Please give us a heads up when the article comes out - I want to show it to everyone and tell them "I know her!"
Your tree turned out awesome - this must be the best technique because it looks fabulous!

Judy said...

Congratulations!! And the tree looks awesome!!