Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Gwen Fox Gallery Display

Some time ago Pat from my Ravenesque fibre artists local group had asked us ladies to enter pieces into a local Fibre Arts Juried Show by Judith Panson, I didn't think I'd have anything to enter as I've not finished anything lately.  WELL I was wrong as my photo landscape of my parent's first homestead JUST made it so I entered it an a couple of my postcards (which did not make the juried show but did for the consignment Gift Shop).


Then I was asked to do a demo/presentation on my fabric postcards.  So on Saturday November 12th I'll be there from 1:00 to closing to talk to visitors curious about this fabric postcard craze.  And guess I'm back out there for Sunday, November 13th for the reception too.

The next day or so I was emailed that my photo landscape display on an easel will now be joined with six of the fabric postcards on a back table. WAHOOIE!!! My other fabric postcards will be in the gift shop on consignment during that month of the Fibre Art Show.  Definitely more than I originally thought and maybe close enough to the demo station to draw interest?  Will see!

Now let's see how many visitors come and see this show!

3 comments:

crazyQstitcher said...

If anyone can draw a crowd Rose Anne you will, with your clever creations.
Postcards are always fun to make and so different to store bought varieties.
The Juried works look good too.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Oh I love the posters - top billing! I hope you get a couple to frame!

Congratulations on all this success!

Judy said...

You are going to become famous!!!! And much to proud to talk to us folks who knew you back when...
Not!!!