Thursday, November 10, 2011

Guess I'm Ready!

I mentioned previously about my entry into a gallery's juried fabric art show being held this month at Selkirk Manitoba, Gwen Fox Art Gallery, “Judith Panson Exhibit”.  Well my postcard entry for the art exhibit was refused BUT I was asked to bring in any fabric postcards I had for consignment sale in their Gift Shop – WOW!!!  THEN I was asked if I’d prepare a display board on postcard making and be present to answer any questions this Saturday afternoon – now this truly blew me over – WOW WOW WOW!!!

So slowly but surely I’ve been thinking on how to do this and finally came up with a cork board type of display.  So I tried to find in my VAST stash of made and swapped postcards for examples of various methods and techniques for postcard fronts and backs along with examples of the middle and mailing preparations.  I think I’ve covered most of what I have done and even labelled each one along with the various components of the postcard. Then to top it off I even prepared a handout for those who are curious enough to venture into this very much enjoyable part of fabric art!!!  Oh YES they are definitely “ART” pieces, each and every one and some are even signed by the maker on the backs!  Well here is my display board, hope it stays together for the trip there and draws lots of attention, maybe even prompting sales!  That would definitely be AWESOME!!!

The Whole Display

And here are two closeups just in case you want a closer look.
Top Half Only
Bottom Half Only

3 comments:

Joy said...

Beautiful display. :)

Laurie said...

Congrats Rose Anne! These cards are amazing, something I've never thought of trying. I thinks you're going to do just fine!!

Valerie said...

The fabric postcards you've put up are definitely very attractive and definitely enticing! I would have walked right up to you! If you have a handout on making these, would it be too much trouble for you to send me one? A digital copy would suffice.

Val