Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I GOOFED!!!

Yeppers I did - my first time on a RR block and I was not a happy camper!!!  At least it was fixable and actually I like it better now. 

See there is a REASON for those booklets with the block owner's wishes and/or expectations for their block?  So people like me in a hurry to gather items together and rush out the door (slept in) to a stitching day DO NOT MESS UP!  If you look at the first picture you will see a nice blue glass piece with green beads holding it in place - a cabachon.  Well when I got home and pulled out Susan's booklet it said nice and clearly "no heavy/bulky items please" - DANG IT!!! 

So there I was after three attempts at trying to do a balanced collar (so to speak) I late in the evening ripping it out.  Then searching through my crocheted and tatted items for something that fit into the colour scheme of this block and also into that space.  Luckily I had this simple tatted flower which I stitched in place and added the slightly larger beads for emphasis.  I think it looks lots better with the whole block.


Just goes to show one should ALWAYS READ FIRST, gather all appropriate floss, trims, charms etc that might work for this block and store it in a BOX with the envelope and the Booklet for reference.  Then this "rippit" delimma would not have happened!  I can tell you I've learnt my lesson - I had really liked that cabachon considering my first attempt was way overdone!  Oh Well.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

oh no, it was so pretty too. !!!