First the Joint Block (blogged previously): I did a sort of redwork motif with off white floss on the dark purple patch – slightly different layout than the original image. This patch I wanted a “pins & needles” for a seam treatment and came up with the herringbone stitch with Colonial knots strategically placed to resemble a stick pin border. Then the small triangular 3-patch was the dilemma again but our own Kerry gave me the needle, thread and threader idea and I used her raised Fishbone BAS stitch and VOILA – all finished.
Now to work on my whole block: Yes I had mapped out my plans on paper and then just had to carry it through.
As you can see I continued the butterfly tatted trim and overstitched with DMC metallic threads the centre large butterfly and added three heart buttons. I also thank Lorrie for the charms as mine are very limited as yet. Right after I finished the joint block I started on the corset (?) to appliqué in place – HARD!!! Then came the velvet pin cushion and scattered pins and thimble sewn in place. I then sewed the scissors in place and decided they needed a lanyard so off I was braiding some #5 DMC and just looped and stitched in place. Then I found a plastic thread half button and cut off the shank and wrapped matching thread around and stitched in place. I also carried the thread through to meander over a couple of patches and finally into a needle – also scattered pins. I added some sewing words and last was fighting with making the baby button jar. I had the idea but sure struggled trying to make it! A few seam treatments and I think it’s finished!
|Body form n spool of thread|
|Butterfly fabric enhanced|
|Pin cushion n pins|
|Scissor charm n braided lanyard|
Hope Lorrie likes it as much as I do – also a co-worker said I HAVE to keep this it’s a treasure and make another to send away!!! NO WAY JOSE!!!