Sunday, June 26, 2011

WR - Slave Lake Project

Yet another yearly retreat started with the Western Retreat Yahoo group was missed by myself BUT my contribution to the retreaters' call for blocks did make it there!!!  See the retreaters wanted to help as much as they could those displaced homeowners of the devastated forest fire that engulfed Slave Lake, Alberta.  So here are the disappearing nine patch blocks I made up.


Also I passed on various funky stamped batiks I knew I'd not use and just had not attempted even using them in local ABC donation quilts so they too went West!!!  So thank you to Beryl G for being my "delivery person" and also to Carman and Pam for taking the batiks and stitching up a quilt top and Ali for quilting it!  You girls did a lovely job!!!



Yes I was very pleased that I could at least contribute to this project, and in that way I also did some purging of fabrics from my stash too!  One of these days I'll make it out West again.  Sure would be nice to see my quilting friends again!  Miss you muchly!!!

No comments: