Sunday, May 01, 2011

Project on the Go!!!

OK I'm back to having fun but also anxious moments too!!!  I've found in my stash the McKenna Ryan "At Home in the Woods" fabric but used the not so vibrant backside and then cut away parts to shorten the overall image I needed.  I also cut out some of the lighter clouds from the very top of the piece that I had cut off and repositioned them into the foreground.  Then I found some batik and made my island and anchored that into place. 

While looking at it a while I realized there were too many "light" spots in the foreground and water reflections for my wishes, so I got out my "Derwent Inktense" pencils and used navy to shade in the foreground trees and some of the water tree reflections.  Then I picked up the black and shaded in some of the island reflections, but will wait for the bobbin stitched trees and island embellishments before adding more reflections in. 

Reflections

I really really do like this as it's starting out - now let's hope I can finish it off as I've envisioned it to be!  I'm sure I can pull this off as it's something I LOVE to do!!!  That always helps in having a stunning fabric art!!!

2 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Looks great!
Deb

crazyQstitcher said...

Oh my gosh, this is already to die for. It is impossible to see anywhere - apart from the island- you have overlaid fabric.
I have never seen any fabric like this. it is wonderful.