Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hearts for Hideko finished!

Well I've not been doing too much in "finished" projects but have been working on an order for some of my folded needlecases and should finish them off this weekend. 

Old picture but you get the idea


Then I started working on various UFOs that are in desparate need to be finished off soon. 

Well one is finished, my Heart for Hideko, a fellow CQer, of the Crazy Quilters International group I'm in who is from Sendai and who's home and family are OK but she's devastated with the loss around her.  She is coping by helping her students with a sewing project and has made school bags for all her students beside other rebuilding projects locally.  Within our group various members have stitched "mourning hearts" and these are being sent to Hideko for her to finish and use as she chooses.  An easy and loving way of saying "we care" to a fellow stitcher!  So here is my block which I'll be sending off tomorrow: 

naked heart
This was pieced with newly received group silk fabrics buy - centre of black print silk tie remnant, silk Duponi of light and dark grey which is hidden by a piece of embossed sheer on either side top edges of heart.

tatted beaded trim
 
Kiko flowers, stems in stem stitch. blanket stitched leaves and cretan rayon ribbon seam treatment
This is an awesome stitch from PinTangle and then I Googled Kiko's flower images and VOILA various examples came up.

close-up of Kiko flower patch
Sorry I forgot to take a closeup pic of the flower patch before appliqueing on the black cotton (silver sheen within) for the block background.

appliqed onto black fabric - has silver sheen to it

Now onto my FunFriendly Mixed Media postcards then onto Carol's SewBuds crazy patched block which both should be posted this weekend.  And then a much involved raw edged, bobbin embellished wall hanging for a retirement gift!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your work :))

Viv and Eddie said...

Love your creativity, Rose Anne. Your block for Hideko is truly stunning. The needlecases and postcrds are gorgeous too!

Viv and Eddie said...

Second attempt at leaving a comment. Rose Anne, your block for Hideko is truly stunning. The needlecases and postcards are gorgeous as well.

Rose Anne B said...

Thank you Vivienne and both your comments were posted. It was your idea that inspired me and then there were others who used this stitch for butterflies and other kinds of flowers and I thought WOW I have to try it! Yes, I truly loved the final look of Hideko's heart - just about wished to keep it for myself.

Now to get busy and do up hearts for CofH swapping, now that I know I can do them eh!!!