Wednesday, February 23, 2011

March Heart BOM

Yes I've completed another block for the SewBuds Hearts BOM and I tried something different!!!  I tried once again Be-Stitched Allison Tatted Edging and this time used a variegated Lizbeth size 20 Springtime along with darker beads!  I keep experimenting with this pattern and beads.
 

Here I tried a seam treatment I'd seen online and I think it turned out not bad, was a bit tricky keeping in mind to "reverse" the variegated thread so the loopies would show up.

Here is the tatted trim once again (I'm comfortable with this pattern and method of adding beads) but with the luscious Lizbeth Springtime cotton.  The colours are sort of mimicked in the batik I used.


And this time I switched the larger and smaller hearts and attached the bought ric rac with hand dyed variegated wool floss I had received from Sharron B of Pin Tangle.

And lastly here is a grouping of the three blocks for swapping that I've produced so far.  The January block was shipped off to Susan N and hopefully we'll see what all her blocks look like one day soon.

No comments: