Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Vacation Update

OK I think I've finally uploaded my vacation and quilt show/sale pics into my Webshots albums and am letting you see these if you wish through the following links.

Quilt Show n Sale (pics)
Perrault Falls vacation (pics)

As in the previous posts you've read, I've enjoyed my vacation with my sister and brother-in-law very much this year and some of the friends too and totally did not want to return home, especially to work tomorrow!  Oh well I'm still on vacation and will enjoy my last evening with Molly and Lilla (two dogs I'm pet sitting).  I can tell you that Ann and Mike were very welcoming and she's even planning next year's visit already - with a side trip down into the States to check out some quilt shops etc - WOW!!!

Since I'm not on my own PC preparing this I can't upload any pics within this blog entry.  So just a note that the wolf panel I was hoping to have ready for the quilt show and sale did not materialize as Fran (one of Sylvia's quilting friends) really wanted me to do some intensive quilting within the sections - not the minimal amount I was thinking of doing.  Needless to say I'd been checking Sylvia's books and found some different quilting motifs to use on the various sections as I do not see basic swirls etc as appropriate in this panel.  There is a picture Sylvia took of me doing some of the quilting on the panel - it is half finished.  Then I'll be adding some white/silver beads to the stars and snow spots on the grasses etc. Should be lovely when finished - whenever that is!!!

Then I had bought some Northern Solitudes fabric along with the shops table runner wallhanging pattern and basically stitched it up in time for the show n sale but it did not sell so it'll be up on my Blog Pages (up above).  I did keep some blocks and fabric for my own wallhanging so should work on that this fall too.

At the end of my vacation we went shopping to another two quilt shops and I found some awesome birds fabric so hopefully will find some pattern to use them within too.  Then to end it off Sylvia, Len, Ann, Mike and I went into Dryden to the Ristorante and enjoyed an awesome Jack Daniels Ribs dinner for $18.99/person - WOW!!!  A good thing as Mike totally enjoyed the all you can eat option with the rest of us enjoying another part slab as they were soooooo DELICIOUS - finger licking so!!!  I was going to go home Saturday but then thought I hardly go out to eat with others so changed my mind and BOY was I ever glad - I also want to go back there another time too!!!

Well Sunday I finally headed home and stopped into Kenora to visit with Adeline who showed me some of the quilts her sister did the quilting on and very reasonably prices so I'll definitely be checking with her to maybe get my larger quilts together.  See Sylvia is doing the smaller quilts on her B-Line for us family members but she does not have the capability to do queen or king sized quilts on that frame.  Then before heading back onto the Hwy I stopped into Walmart (zippo enticement there this time) but at Marks I found a pair of everyday shorts, two t-shirts, an evening sweater top, and an awesome tank that fits me to a "T"!!!  Needless to say I was bushed and headed for home where it was like a sauna within my apt.  Oh well that only lasted two days and now I'm in AC comfort for five weeks!!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Rose Anne, I have not checked your photos from last year, but I think you are looking much thinner! Keep up the good work!
I looked at the photos from the scenery - how long did it take you and Sylvia to cook all the fish the guys caught on the front lawn?
I love the sunset photos, especially!