Saturday, July 10, 2010

At it Again!!!

Okay, I've been trying to get back on track with my managing food intake and also daily brisk walks.  Guess I did not to bad after the last month's ups and downs and only doing slight damage as my July 5th checkup had really good results with 25 pounds lost within the last year (could have been 30 maybe but oh well) and 10 pounds since March 9th.  So yes this last week has been more leveled out and I'm looking forward to walking mornings again!

Today, I kicked myself out of bed at 7:30 and was out the door at 7:45 and even though I was not feeling great I PUSHED myself and walked my total OLD ROUTE (like 3-4 years ago) all the way down Wellington Cres to the train tracks that border Polo Park and then back to the Leg grounds near where I live. That's a total of 9.5 km and I did that in 1 hr and 50 min (daily I do 5.1 km in an hour) - so guess that's still in my ballpark but I can sure tell you I was stiffening up by the time I got home. Needless to say I went straight for a soak in epsom salts and feel a lot better, especially getting more water and a nice large salad with cheese into me.

Now tomorrow I'm hoping for a more casual walk around Assiniboine Park with a friend, but for now it's back to stitching!!!

2 comments:

Joy said...

You are doing great!

Judy said...

I got a new pedometer with the new shoes for work. I should get it out of the box and see how it works...
I have not been walking as far lately, but with the heat and humidity, I do not want to push Annie too much. I know I could take another walk by myself later in the day, but that is just too much for me. Maybe I should do a couple of laps around the mall before and after working at the lottery booth...