Friday, June 04, 2010

New Postcards!

Okay, I know it's been a while but I've finally gotten my FFPC Mother's Day swap finished and mailed off.  I was not keen on the topic (as my own Mom has passed on) but then thought I'd I could make it into a tribute to a Special Lady with some of the items that she loved to get as gifts from me.  Well good intentions went awry when I could not find the Cameo buttons I used to have and no luck in the stores either - guess I'll have to scrounge around again and stockpile (used them probably in my CQing).  As that was to be my main embellishment on the PC and the rest addons, I had to scrap that idea and go to the back up plan.  Seems I'm doing lots of that lately, hmmmm!  So here are my postcards.  Hope the ladies like them.

Now the following postcards were made to feature my tatted friends (the dragonfly and butterfly) and ready for our Northern Lights Lacemakers' first annual Lace Day here in Winnipeg on Saturday, June 5th from 1:00-4:00 pm at St. Peter's Anglican Church Hall at 755 Elm Street at Grant Avenue.  This event is chalked full of lace demonstrations, displays and even items for sale from our members and specific vendors known to our group.



And this next group includes an extra one of the For a Special Lady, the Kokopelli and lastly a Tatted Frame which are patterns I'm trying to do to expand my basic tatting skills.  I just love the edging and have used it on a CQing block and just found the Kokopelli so will have to do up some in black and onto a southwestern orange-like sunset fabric for backing.


Yep I do LOVE my tatting (glad that I finally learnt the basics and maybe more) and as noted on Georgia's site in some of her pages:

Tatting ... is NOT a lost art!!!

2 comments:

N. Maria said...

Beautiful tatting! I, too, love the Kokopelli! Nancy Tracy did a great job designing it.....

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I think your postcards are all stunning, even if you couldn't find the cameo's. They are still a wonderful tribute to your Mom. I just sent you an e-mail with links to the Kokopelli patterns that I tatted. I see you have made Nancy's Kokopelli. I have not tatted this one, but will have to try it too.