Saturday, June 05, 2010

Lace Day - 2010

Oh WOW our first annual Lace Day is over with and I'd say a wonderful turnout too!  We had a full hall of displays and two vendors with their lacemaking wares along with some of our members and their pieces on sale.  Then many thanks to all who donated the many wonderful items for the Silent Auction and also Landmark Gallery for their donated framed lace piece for our group to fundraise with and to all the members who brought in the delicious dainties to go along with the refreshments.  Yes I think it was an awesome event!






Jocelyn - Silent Auction table






Anne - demo table





Bev's display





Bobbin Lacemaking bolster and project






Michelle - tatting display


Michelle and I put together a "tatting" display (yes that is part of lacemaking) and we both have other ideas for next year's event (and yes we are going to do it again - YAHOOIE!) and hopefully more time to make up other tatted items for our fundraising towards the fall lace retreat for members.  Even Michelle's daughter Cathy and my friends Joan & Harold dropped by for a visit.  Lovely!

If you want to check out my Webshots album, you can see other pictures from our first event.

1 comment:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi Rose Ann! Your Lace Day event looked like it would have been a lot of fun to attend. Wish I lived closer. The tatting display that you and Michelle put together was fantastic. I liked how you put pictures of tatting from the past and present day tatting. Great idea. I also liked your tatted wings posts cards. They are very pretty!!