Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dorothy's Patch RR on the Move!

Well I managed to finish my patch onto Dorothy's Patch RR block tonight and have had many compliments on this one.  Originally I found a silkie given to me of a fan which I embellished with Japanese Buttonhole Twist ribbing.  Then I tatted a blue edging which I secured in place with pastel pink seed beads on the lower picots.  As a last touch of embellishments I added three tatted butterflies in the bare patch space.  Hope Dorothy likes it.

Rose Anne's patch
Block after Rose Anne

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! Oh, how I wish I lived close to people who like doing things like this!

arlene said...

Hi Rose Anne.....beautiful work on your patch.....whom ever gets it in the end will be impressed and I'd guess very happy too!
Hope you are enjoying the summer - still not sure if it's here yet or not - keeps teasing us here on the west coast
hugs
arlene f

Judy said...

I love that fan effect! I had to enlarge the photo to see it the whole thing was tatted, or just the border!