Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Karrin's DYB1 Blocks Finished

Phew with all the setbacks with my back and then trouble with my planned tatting projects for these blocks I finally got to finish them off and tomorrow they'll be on their way to their owner.  Okay I decided on a ciggie that goes so well with the block and like Margreet & Lisa said the fabrics remind one of an old fashioned Christmas and antique like so I'll try the same. 


I accomplished my first tatted trim with pearls (that was easy) and some snowflakes (that was trouble with a "T" till I got it) which go well with the block.  Then I saw the cretan trees in my book "The Magic of Crazy Quilting" by J Marsha Michler and added sparkly white accents to it.  Then I did various embroidered seam finishes in various weight threads.  Added some beads to the snowflakes, gold stars in the open spaces with pearls to anchor in place and I think this one is finished.


For the joint block I struggled horribly with the tatted berries & holly leaves but finally got some added help from Cynthia of NSAN with that pattern and managed to finish them off tonight.  Now they might look a bit bruised but nature is not perfect!  Right?  I then added the pearl garland on the wreath and the sequins and stacked beads onto the antique like lace corners.  Simple but I think very lovely.



Now onto other projects.

1 comment:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Wow, Your quilt block is stunning. The embroidery and your tatting are just perfect. I really like the little piece with the children sled riding and the tatted edge with the pearls is a nice addition. :)