Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Something Different in Tatting!

Yep finally I've found a couple of patterns my level of expertise can tackle - that is after the first goof up and started again a bit wiser!!!  LOL!
I LOVE my Four Leaf Clover (pattern by Ellen Lai, Sep 2008) and am going to try making it again but with the #30 varigated green this time for a bit smaller results.

Then I wanted a flower but didn't have a clue how to start - just knew what I wanted it to look like.  Well I pulled out my Big Book of Tatting and lo and behold there's the Daisy Chain pattern with the daisy motif right there!!! 
Same thing I'm going to try this now with #30 thread and hope it turns out a bit smaller than the #20 and then I'm off to finishing some postcards and ATCs for swapping!!!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Love the tatted clover!

IsDihara said...

Both your clover and your daisy are lovely bits of tatting -- great job!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Great job on the clover. That reminds me I wanted to make a few clover pins before St. Patrick's Day. Have fun making your ATC's. They look like they would be fun to create and swap.

katiejayinpa said...

That four leaf clover is gorgeous!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

That four leaf clover is wonderful! I have never seen that made up before - really lovely!
Hugs,
Kerry