Thursday, March 04, 2010

My Tatted Butterflies!

Well talk about an honour my co-worker, Terri, just heaped on me!!! (nicely that is)

See last week she asked if I would make some sparkly butterflies for her – I said I’d check my stash of cottons and see what I come up with. The few I made were blogged earlier and she picked two tatted with an iridescent braid and a large bead for the body. She was very pleased with them and when I asked what she was going to do with them she smiled and hemmed and hawed and I thought she’ll let me know when she’s decided.

WELL this morning I walked into the office (she’s working only part time here) and by her desk a couple of times before my eye spotted her lovely desk display!!! See she used a dark fabric background, attached my tatted butterflies and added rhinestones helter skelter and framed them. JUST LOVELY!!! They have been garnering attention from passers by off and on this morning and I can even see one from my desk along with the orchid plant (not real though).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those are beautiful!!!


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

katiejayinpa said...

How lovely Rose Anne, you must ask this nice person if she would like to stitch with the CQI!...and tell her that your online friends thinks this is pretty great of her....and yes, we also thinkyour tatting deserves the showcase!

tattrldy said...

Wow! they look great! The rhinestones add a nice touch to the whole picture, with the butterflies really standing out. Very nice. I might just try something like that. It wouldn't surprise me if you had a few more requests for butterflies.

Unknown said...

Oh, what a lovely background you've provided for you tatted butterflies! The rhinestones are a lovely touch! You know they kind of look like a night sky! You could even put tatted stars there in place of the butterflies...(in another creative venture)... and it would look awesome also!
Beautiful presentation.

Judy said...

That is quite an honour!!! These are a gorgeous way to display your work!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

What a lovely idea!
Hugs,
Kerry