Thursday, February 18, 2010

2010 Gimli Quilters' Getaway

Yes I can say I enjoyed my weekend with my sister, niece and many quilting friends!  I took many pictures but for some reason did not give my camera to others to take pictures of me this time around!  For more Show n Tell photos are in my Webshots album.  Guess I'll have to wait until Sylvia comes in for MPQ Quilt Reflections Quilt Show in April and download some of her pictures. 

Well Pat did finish off last year's quilt class project and just has the binding and I hope a label left to finish.

Sylvia worked on her BQ quilt but I also did not get the stitched together photo, just the blocks laid out on the floor - totally weird.  BUT when she finished as much as she could do on the BQ she switched to a fun Heron landscape wall hanging, finishing one totally and got the second one bonded together ready for stitching.  She didn't expect to get as much done as she did - sometimes you don't - this time she did!!!

I basically worked on some of the checkerboard blocks of my still ongoing Moondance quilt (have 5 blocks to go yet) and took breaks to do some hand stitching on the Winter DYB blocks.  There's a constant tug towards doing some handwork no matter what plans I have and I find that so rewarding.

And yes I have now booked my "totally free" one night's stay at the resort for end of May and now have the Aurora retreat end of April just before that - lots to look forward to!!!

No comments: