Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Vacation Recap - Second Attempt at Posting

This entry had much more to it and at least a dozen pictures and for some GRRRRRRR reason only this was published! Yep I'm not a happy camper!!!

Yes I've had five days out in NW Ontario visiting with Sylvia and Len this past week. The weather cooperated from start to finish except for one day of freezing rain in the morning that disrupted our plans to go into town, but that was minor. Better safe than sorry! On the way out I stopped in with Adeline and had a lovely catch up time before continuing to my sister's. Then again dropped in on the way back for a brief visit and break from driving.

This trip I had planned on concentrating on my colourwash quilt blocks but as usual Rose Anne deviated from the plan and accomplished planning out and even stitching up the background and vine into place on my MPQ challenge wall hanging for the donation program. So maybe once again I'll have a challenge piece completed before deadline??? BUT I did accomplish two full blocks on my colourwash project and probably would have had a third block stitched too if I had not wasted a whole evening's work when it fell apart while attempting changing the flannel midway!!! Oh well things happen. Sylvia worked on her appliques for her colourwash quilt - yes she has ALL her blocks stitched and is working diligently trying to finish it - maybe in time for Quilt Reflections showing! Time and efforts will tell if she'll achieve her expectations. She also attempted to show me how she hand quilts - now I know I can't do that as yet - but like everything else practice perfects the technique.



OK here's my SECOND attempt at the complete blog entry!!! Can I remember it all???

Yes a good time by all was enjoyed during this visit. On Friday Fran (Sylvia's friend) came over with her quilting project and spent the day sewing with us. I kinda felt bad as many a time she was doing the "rippit" stitch in between her chatting (and more than me if you can believe that) as Sylvia was figuring out her pattern for her colourwash quilt and I was concentrating really hard in putting together my colourwash blocks. Then when that was done I gathered up the rows and stitched them together and chatted more so then.
 


Even my brother-in-law I think enjoyed the visit as he was more free to enjoy his many books, TV sports and even fishing/visiting with his friends. We even worked together in the evenings working on a gifted puzzle which is really tough and also read a bit too.



Now I even attempted to collect some "winter landscape" pictures on this trip, some from a pullover at Percy Lake while awaiting traffic movement again during a horrible accident clearing around the bend. And then on my way back I took some pics while driving (had just washed my yucky windows earlier) but many were deleted along with others from another pullover between Kenora and Keewatin. I was trying to record the depth of field of the trees on the islands and then also the changes in the snow from closeup and far away. See I'm hoping with time and my abilities to add to my landscape postcards some "winter" scenes. Time and efforts will tell I guess.

























NOW I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed my days away and barely thought of the PC and emails but I can tell you I paid the price with over 500 emails to skim through when I got back. AND I did not want to come back to work this time and probably shouldn't have as it was a thinking type of meeting all day so needless to say headache major. Oh well that's life until I can retire!

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

Yup, looks like winter there. Nice scenery. It's always good to get away from your PC.

I have 'issues' with blogger too, sometimes it just won't publish my pictures. Now they changed something, I was able to blog, save and publish when I had time to upload my pics, but now it puts the date and time of when it is uploaded, not the actual day that the blog was written. grrr..

Judy said...

I had wondered where you were, Rose Anne! So glad that you had a good time visiting and stitching! I embiggened all the photos, and my favourite of the scenery is the second one, from Percy Lake. Although the one with ice fishing shack is a close second!!!