Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Stitching Weekend

Yep even Friday evening with some OT put in and then a late supper I did some hand stitching on Leslie's Sugar Plum Fairy block (this one is late but coming along nicely).  Then Saturday I picked up my sewing machine and back home to work on the piling up postcard swaps with the evening back to hand stitching again. 

And today Michelle picked me up and off we went to our Lace Group gathering and I tatted the afternoon making a snowflake - yep only one but I had two false attempts until Maija sorted me out!!!  I love these working and chatting meetings along with tea time!  Once home I tackled emails, made supper and then right into "finishing off" the postcards and yes I took pics of both sets even though I used the same fabric but embellished some differently.

CQI - Valentines Swap

FunFriendly - Hearts Swap

Mine

One-on-One Swap

You might not see this but I used my machine for nice and even blanket stitching around the boxes, then some hand chain and running stitching around the hearts and finishing off with some musical instruments outlined by machine too.  A finishing touch for some of the hearts is a satin bow stitched in place.  Yes they are all ready to be mailed off tomorrow.

Now I'll relax a bit and then back into hand embellishments for the Winter/Christmas DYB tomorrow along with some more work on Leslie's block.  Obviously I'm running behind and got to get caught up very soon!!!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

These cards are beautiful, looking forward to mine arriving. When I planned mine I had a set idea and it didn't work out so not to sure about the final result.

Unknown said...

What beautiful cards! I just love Valentine's Day!
I'd love to see the snowflake you tatted! :)

Rose Anne B said...

Thank you ladies! Also I'll be posting the tatted snowflake after I try one more, no fears of missing out on it and I'll also post the website link too.

CherShots said...

WoW... these are fantastic! Very inspiring. Thanks

Judy said...

These are beautiful, Rose Anne!!