Sunday, January 10, 2010

LC Girls Night Out!

Saturday started off with an early morning shopping spree for groceries, picked up my sister's sewing machine from getting serviced, then heading home to make Hamburger Soup for our Lewiscraft girls potluck and visiting evening.  While chopping up the veggies I had a Sobeye's premade meatloaf baking (just scrumptious and was on sale this week) then got the pressure cooker pot loaded up and simmering - sure smelled good!!!  Once finished into the fridge it went and then I headed out to Copperfields (discount book store) and was going to pick up Scrap Basket Surprises book but Barb was very helpful in showing me some of their newer books and I changed my mind and chose "Loose Change" Quilts from Nickels, Dimes, and Fat Quarters by Claudia Plett and Le Ann Weaver.  I liked it better than the other book, so hopefully I'll find many of interest in there to use up some of my stash!  Then I had a manicure to fix my mangled nails but upon leaving I scratch my thumb so it looks BLAH!!!

Well I lasted through supper and till 9:30 before the yawning started and everyone around the table just laughed at me and also that was my second gathering I didn't bring along any show and tell or stitching to do - they are in shock!!! Well our next gathering is with the Northgate Lewiscraft girls and we're doing some craft together that evening. I might have some show n tell by then as I'm doing the CQI 2010 Challenges (12 months) on a crazy patched block and this is for MOI!!! Guess I better get cracking as there are many uploaded pics for January's "fans" in the photos already!!!

We played two games last night and one I liked lots (Quiddler - spelling game - rnd 1 starts with 5 cards and continues to 12 card rnd - fun but gets tougher) and did middle of the road for a score but the other (Word Scrambler? - start with a 4 letter word and change it from cards in your hands - first out wins) was quite a madhouse with six players I tell you. I'm going to look for this game for my sister as I think it's lots fun.

Well we started our supper with an awesome cream cheese cheese ball and crackers and wine naturally while relaxing and chatting. Then potatoe leek soup and my hamburger soup with garlic toast and multi grain buns. Followed by a huge bowl of mixed greens and you could add tomatoes, cucs and cheese/garlic croutons with a variety of dressing along with a home made honey one too which I'm getting the recipe for soon - along with a mixed bean salad which I don't like. Then finished off with tea/coffee with butter pecan with cream cheese icing cake (yummy - even took a piece home with me) and mixed exceptionally yummy chocolates which I allowed myself one only.

Finally at 11:30 I gave in and said I have to go home and thankfully that frigid wind (-34 windchill) had died down and it was a regular winter evening and my car started without being plugged in and I got home finally at 1:00 am after driving the girls home. A LOVELY evening had by all.

Whoops I forgot to mention that Michelle gave us all a little personal gift and said maybe this'll be the last time for her as she'll be a "Gramma" come June (her daughter is 36 and they didn't think they'd have any) and probably no time to stitch as she's already been asked to be the sitter while Cathy goes back to work but from HOME. Michelle crossstitches just beautifully and made most of us bookmarks, Audrey (the Mom of Pat and Georgina, who comes along with her daughters) got a hand towel with hearts and flowers on the decorative part and Pat who already got a bookmark with her last gift got a heart ornament with a Snowman stitched on it. LOVELY.  Here's mine:



Yep a lovely time had by all and I'm wondering what the next one in March will be like with the Northgate gals joining us!  Hope our openness does not scare them off but we do have a lot of fun and laughter that is for sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved reading about Saturday night. It was like reliving the evening. It sure was fun!! Michelle