Monday, January 25, 2010

Katie's Green Block

Okay, this has been another of my WISPs (works in slow progress) but I've finally attacked the block (lower right corner) and it's packaged up and on it's way to the next on the list.  I think somehow this block kinda got twisted around as the "TOP" noted on the back is kinda faded and I just about missed seeing it.



Yes, this is the before and after Rose Anne's embellishing and Katie had asked "no dimensional" works so I stuck to embroidery and did my tatted dragonfly to go with the butterfly!



Here's a close up of the flower spray up the right side (the heart and green tatted edging is not mine) and then the multi-coloured tatted dragonfly on the space to the left is also my work.



Yes here is my most popular and now getting easier to tat pattern by Riet with SRs instead of the wrapped chains.  I just love this and it's barely 2" made I think with size 20 cotton.

1 comment:

katiejayinpa said...

oh, i think this is one incredible looking block.it Can't wait to get it home and see it in person!
kaethejean