Thursday, December 17, 2009

Trying out new Tatting Thread

WOW talk about delicate looking and I'm not that smooth of a tatter yet on the fine Size 30 cotton threads. BUT I could not resist trying out the new thread "A Leaf Falls" from Yarnplayer that I received recently. I LOVE IT and it's soooooo much better to tat with than crochet cotton - well the looser twist ones especially - so smooth to the touch too. LOL! Yes and I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE the colours of this threads transitioning too! See for yourself!



Now that
Very Small Butterfly (by Jane Eborall) is about 3/4 x 1/2 inch and the Dragonfly (by Riet) is about 1.5 x 2 inches (I changed the wrapped chains to split rings easier for me) - which is a shade smaller than the others I made with the Size 20 cottons before. Very delicate looking.

4 comments:

tattrldy said...

You're right, the colors are lovely! Good job on the butterfly and dragonfly, too. Just wait until you try tatting with size 80 or smaller, 30 will seem large! (I don't do much with anything smaller than 30 myself, I keep breaking the small stuff!!)

Marilee Rockley said...

Pretty! I'm happy to see you are enjoying the colors. That dragonfly looks like fun - I don't know what a wrapped chain is, so I should take a look at that pattern.

Anonymous said...

The colours are lovely and tatted up relly nice in the Dragonfly and Butterfly. Margaretha. QLD. Aust

Rose Anne B said...

Thank you very much Margaretha for the compliments.

Rose Anne