Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Tatting

Okay this weekend was geared to some of everything but here's what I have to show!

This is another beaded dragonfly which is not attached to anything and can be made into a broach or stitched to a CQd block or whatever the recipient so desires and is winging itself to the USA right now - escaping our chilly temps that's for sure! I also made one for my friend Michelle while at her place yesterday afternoon tatting - she thought of me on her second hand store jaunts and picked up some lovely #20 red and three #80s in white and black - YIKES not sure when I'll be up to doing that size! Definitely will need magnifiers on my glasses!



Then I tried again the Split Rings Heart and it turned out really nice I think. I can see myself doing more of these for CQing medallions.



Yes I've been designing my SCMR Snowman and have an idea but as yet not into the tatting stage, maybe tonight!

6 comments:

tattrldy said...

Love the dragon fly! Beautiful work. The heart is done very nicely! You are doing a great job! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Oh, the dragonfly is absolutely beautiful! I ♥ the colors and the beads! So very pretty! The heart is lovely, too! That is one of my favorite heart patterns for some reason. It's so simple and sometimes I think there is a loveliness about the simple patterns in tatting that some of the complicated patterns lose.

Anonymous said...

I love the dragonfly. Where can I find the pattern. Thank you. Millie

Rose Anne B said...

thank you Millie and if you check this blog entry for Nov. 22nd http://mycreativeworks.blogspot.com/2009/11/another-block-finished.html and scroll down you'll see the link to Riet's pattern there. BUT the dragonflies I made after this one have the tatting starting at the left wings, the head and then the right wings and finishing off with split rings for the three tail rings. I found that mucho easier than the wrapped chain. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rose Anne - Millie

Rose Anne B said...

You are very welcome Millie.