Tuesday, December 08, 2009

My FIRST Tatting Design!

OH MY!!! Within our NSAN Yahoo Group Cynthia, our instructor, issued a challenge to the group after our self closing mock ring SCMR technique lesson/chat to use this technique and design your own Snowman. WELL I LOVE Snowmen so studied this SCMR over and over and then started my design on paper. Then when I thought I understood what I was doing picked up the two shuttles and went to work. Here's the results!



Now I must say the very first attempt was scrapped when I got totally confused and missed a step. So my first "finished" attempt is on the left and I joined the first circle picots to the second circle picots which created ripples instead of lying flat. So I began again and allowed more DSs at the beginning and end of the second circle to allow these rings to not interfere with the first circle rings - lies flatter. Now when I do it again I will make one or two more sets of DSs and rings on the bottom circle and I think that will be more Snowman like. OK back to making more of these so I can get my North Pole postcards finished this weekend too!!! YAHOOIE!!!

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Good for you! Your snowmen are adorable!

Unknown said...

Those are lovely motifs! Congrats on your first design!

Eileene said...

Great job. You did wonderful. Go at it again. Hugs, Eileene

tattrldy said...

Great job! They are very cute! Congratulations! I might have to try these myself :)