Saturday, December 19, 2009

I don't Like Shopping!!!

Okay guess I should correct that, I LOVE to shop for my hobby necessities, I HATE clothes and grocery shopping PERIOD!!!!!!!!! It's crazy out there but first off was my treat to myself - manicure and pedicure!!! I felt like a Queen and then felt I could brave whatever is out there after the pampering! So I just did the necessities and mostly stuck to the items on sale and what I know I would use etc, well except for the crafty stuff.

See I've just tea dyed my first Venice Lace trims and love them but the angel needed some nice sparkly ribbon for her waist and floating around her - finally found some thin enough. Then was looking for some gold/bronze coloured harps for the angel to hold - zippo - so had to settle for silver harps and music notes - dang it!!! Even Michaels didn't have any but I did find some bible charms that might work! I did pick up some rayon DMC floss and hope to liven up this block some with it and the other trims. Then I stopped into ValuVillage and found a decent chair for $10, some light knit gloves, an awesome puzzle (hope all the pieces are there and when put together will take a pic) and naturally a couple of pocketbooks.

Then I braved Shoppers for more stamps and some sale items, then Safeway for more sale items and lastly filled up with gas and then HOME to relax. I wanna play with those Winter/Christmas blocks and hope to finish them before Christmas so when I get back I can ship them off and work on Leslie's Sugar Plum Fairy block. I've got it all planned out just need the time to work on it while I'm house/dogs sitting between Christmas and Jan 3rd - enjoying the fire place and only three days of work - the rest relaxing!!!

2 comments:

aprildawn9 said...

hi Auntie!! finally found the email with your blogspot in it! I just started my own fitness blog for when i get back to brandon after christmas. oh p.s. me and brad aren't together anymore(his choice) I have your blog on my dashboard so i can follow it!! Hope to see you soon! p.s.s. do you have any ideas as to where i can get dolly parts to make my own christmas tree angel??
love you!
April

Judy said...

Well, you sound as though you are set for the holiday season!!
Have a safe and Happy Christmas!!