Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day #2 - Dogs/House Sitting

Well at least this year I didn't set off the alarm entering the house!!!  And I left my car at home and am busing it so I don't have to worry about shovelling to get out the back lane or about a parking ticket on the road!  Thankfully I only have three working days this week so it's not so bad and I get to relax with my Christmas wine, the dogs and the fireplace for New Years!!!  BUT will I make it???

Okay I got home today and finally they opened up to me and cuddled for half an hour and then kept me company during supper.  After that they found their own spots while I tatted and watched hockey.  Then the fun began!!!

See every evening the girls go out for their constitutional walk but I'm not sure what's gotten into them this time around as half way around this very long block they literally open up the throttles and them four short legs are just a clipping down the sidewalk trying to outrace each other and even some excited barks too boot!  WELL even at a brisk walk I can't keep up, so I do spurts of jogging with them but shoot I ain't no spring chicken no more and finally had to put the brakes on and hold them in check for a brisk walk.    Yep and when we got home they tolerated a few towel rubs and then demanded their treats!!!  SHEESH no wonder I can barely stay awake till 10:30 before crashing!!!

All I can say is if I don't loose some weight before my Dr apt something is wrong.  Cause since October I've cut out second helpings, even stopped my regular Pepsi binges along with just about cutting out most sweets and I'm finding my snug clothes are getting loose on me - YEAH!!!  I'm drinking more water that's for sure and occassionally have a diet Pepsi and lime but sometimes that lasts all evening and I even spill it out so I'm not even buying it anymore regularly.  It was kinda hard over Christmas as everyone was bringing in sweets or cookies etc but I managed. 

1 comment:

aprildawn9 said...

yay auntie!!
keep up the great work with your food choices. Just remember, if you slip up once or twice with a bad food or drink choice just forget about it and start fresh right away!!
Hope you had a great christmas!
Love April