Sunday, November 01, 2009

Shuttle Finds

Okay, I'm sure these are not antiques at all but I had gone for a walk to the Forks today and checked out the Antique Shop there and actually found 7 shuttles (3 were metal and I didn't even look at those) and the other 4 were some plastic but two were grungy like so I settled on these two for myself ($5 each).





Now I checked Tatmeister's site and I think one is noted there (PLASTIC, Plastic, Ivory - mine has closed tips) but not the other. Not sure if I can find it or if it's even worth the time searching. I'm just going to find some type of glass covered box and line it with whatever that these can sit in with a little card identifying them if known. I'm sure I'll be checking for others in my travels to add to these. If needed I will use them periodically but right now the thread on them is way to fine for my expertise to use at this time.

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm glad you're able to find shuttles; they're so much fun to collect! I found shadow boxes at Hobby Lobby that fit the bill as display cases. Have fun shopping!

Unknown said...

Those are some great finds! I love it when I find a shuttle or two in an antique shop! Who cares if they're really antiques or not, LOL! It's usually a perfectly good shuttle that you can't find anymore on the regular market and for a pretty good price. I collect shuttles so I've paid a pretty penny for some real antique shuttles and found other antique ones (like celluloid) for very cheap prices, too!