Wednesday, November 18, 2009

DAD is 96!!!

Yep, yesterday was his birthday and in a way I was sorry I wasn't there BUT then I remembered the lovely four days I had all by myself with him and you know what - I didn't feel bad at all!!! (smiling) See I booked vacation days for Thursday and Friday and drove to Dauphin Wednesday so I had three full days with him except for the mid-afternoons that I let him veg out and regroup before I came back again. Yes besides cleaning and laundry, I cooked lunches for him along with joining him too (some frozen packages) and suppers I made whatever light meal he wanted then tidied up and joined my sister Florence and Wayne for supper. So I got the better of two worlds I'd say! See not only was Dad in a fairly good mood while I was there but also Florence's choices for suppers were right up my alley and I enjoyed the food and company very much.

And to top the weekend off my car got new rear tires and brakes too!!!

I did call Dad last night and he was so chipper it was GRANDE to hear! Apparently he had four daughters (with DHs) and Mom's brother and wife drop by for a visit and/or supper along with many phone calls too (even his brother in Alberta)! So yes he had a good day I'd say and was nice and quiet relaxing when I called. Maybe this nice weather is a picker upper too???

No comments: