Monday, October 26, 2009

Pinawa Retreat Weekend

Well my sister Sylvia arrived Wednesday and we partook in the MPQ guild meeting that evening, then I had taken Thursday, Friday and Monday off as vacation leave to enjoy our various activities unhurried like. Friday we left early for Pinawa for a quilting retreat hosted by Oma' Quilt Shop (Grunthal, MB) at the Wilderness Edge Retreat and Conference Centre in the lovely Whiteshell on the Winnipeg River, but this year the wild deer were not as visible as last year but still entertained us some. We had a smaller representation from our Aurora Online Quilters group this time but still met up with many friends and new acquaintances from all over. There were many large quilt tops completed by a number of quilters too and can be seen in my Webshots album.


Some smaller Show n Tell projects.


The "bag" ladies - Oma's weekend group project.


Our Norma and another retreater showing off their recent Shop Hop projects.


And our own Jan's newly quilted piecemaker calendar quilt ready for binding.

As usual most of us took more quilting projects with us than time or efforts allowed for. And this year I did not allow for problems with my plans so projects had to be set aside until once again at home to sort it out. BUT I did, with Sylvia's help, finish off my "Parent's First Homestead" started at the Photo Landscape Workshop taken March 21, 2009 (YAHOOIE!!!) and then I added the label and binding to my Miniature Curves wall hanging started during my August vacation in Ontario - just forgot about the hanger so have to do that yet. As usual the food was in abundance and good home cooking like along with many desserts to finish off.





So yes it was a nice weekend that ended with Happy Birthday sung to my sister Sylvia and Adiena's Thelma. My sister and I had a LOVELY time but she left early this morning for home and accidentally LEFT behind her watch and her suitcase full of FABRICS/PROJECTS! Ohhhh is she gonna be kicking herself. It's a good thing she'll be back this way in a month's time. I still feel bad that my car was not here as I noticed as soon as I walked back in so could have caught up with her on HWY #1 sooner than later. LOL!

As for me my last day off started with making breakfast for us and then off to lunch with my retired co-workers Joan and Evelyn (just awesome and finally after just about a year since the last one) and then dressed for the McNally Robinson - Manitoba Craft Museum & Library fundraiser dinner tonight. Well I came home with the Silent Auction Christmas package of - glass coasters, peppermint candle/holder, handmade ornament and two hand towels. Then home to upload some pics and blog about it all. Yes so far a lovely day off!!!

Then it'll be nose to the grindstone and try and prepare my speach in ASL format like and prepare my visual Tree of Life. I cut out all the pics last night while chatting with Sylvia before going to bed early as we were both tired. Now just to put it all together before Wednesday's presentation! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Rose Anne, I am SO glad that you are finding ways to keep you off the street!!! ;-)