Wednesday, October 07, 2009

More TAT Practicing

Okay, I'm not getting much else done around here with finally catching onto tatting and now trying to catch up with the lessons in the online classes. PHEW I thought I'd never get it - but I think I's finally got the hang of this TATTING!!!

Okay, I've practiced some more butterflies with some very nice crochet cotton from my friend Dianne (Thank you very much my dear!) who inherited the stash from her Mom - WOW!!! I don't see crochet cotton this nice anymore and made up some lovely creatures!!! Anyways I digress again!!!

So I've new pictures of three butterflies and I'm now trying to make them looser and/or larger.



AND my just finished Hens and Chicks practice pattern and talk about flukie!!! See I just struggled with the last chick and had a 6 inch thread tail fall off the shuttle - PHEW!!!



Now you're probably asking why is it called Hens and Chicks - don't worry I thought the same until I read Georgia's tutorial on it!!! See in the top centre is the Hen with three picots (loops) on her head and beside her she's got a hold of her two Chicks and beneath them are some Eggs in a row. Yeah I know you're probably saying HUH - but look closely and let your imagination loose and you'll see it.

Okay now onto the last practice piece before tomorrow evening's Chatzy class. I'm so relieved I've caught onto the basics and once I get these abbreviations/symbols down I'll even read a pattern faster and better!!! LOL!

And I'm trying to get some CQing done here too never mind gotta get this place tidied up before my sister arrives!!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Yup, I can see that you are getting better - more even!
Saw another heron this morning, but Annie decided to charge at it before I got very close. I did get a couple shots. I can see about uploading them tomorrow. We checked the sunflowers this morning, and they are about done!

tattrldy said...

You are deffinately making great progress! On making the butterfly bigger - try adding a couple more double stitches on each side of the picot sets - instead of 8 ds try 10. Then add another picot or two, instead of three, try five, same look. This would make them slightly bigger without changing the look of the butterfly by much. Good luck!