Friday, October 09, 2009

Fall or Winter???

Inukshuk, probably in it's glory at the back of the Legislative Bldg where leaves are still green and fall not even in full swing yet - maybe now at a dead stop!

Yep, that's what many are asking on the Prairies I am sure. I'd say we are only just starting to see our leaves changing colours (probably won't see the awesome fall foliage now) and the flowers are still blooming spry as can be - but yet once again Mother Nature has shown herself as unpredictable!!!






It started snowing after lunch and the winds picking up 2:00 ish like and in no time at all we were getting covered. Then the wind gusts would come along and shake it off the trees to start all over again. AND just up the street there was a three car pileup but I did not venture there at all. I feel for all the accident victims and the emergency workers and it seems every year with the first snow comes this very sad statistic - increased fatalities. I wish everyone would either stay home (like me instead of travelling to Dauphin this weekend) or be extra careful and not be rushing around even if you do have 4-wheel drive etc.

3 comments:

tattrldy said...

Glad you could stay in. Snow is lovely, but I mostly like to watch it from the comfort of my home, when I don't have to get out. Here in Kansas they are predicting snow flurries in the next couple of days - getting a little of the cold from your way - but the ground is so warm they aren't expecting any of it to stick for long. What a short autumn this year.

Joy said...

Only sunshine days but cold nights here. I hear they had snow in Alberta today too though.

Be safe!

Linda Mullen said...

Yuck for the snow, although it does look pretty on my bench. Hey, it may be a long winter... Here's to hoping that it's not.