Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Candy Cane Tatted

Yahooie those challenging patterns have not held me back. No Siree!!! I trudged ahead (maybe should have done some CQing though) and tried another pattern and boy am I glad as I was wondering if I had hit a mental block towards tatting this past couple of days.

Anyways, I made the Two-Color Candy Cane by Stephanie (aka "Winkerbill") and the first one turned out just lovely!!!



AND here's how I managed to tat it! I think that's a GREAT way of recycling my non-usable credit and debit cards while awaiting more of those smaller plastic shuttles to arrive. Thank you to Georgia Seitz for her example.



Yep I really do know why "tatters" have many, many, many shuttles at their fingertips. I've either got a project in the works but am stumped with something and until I figure it out that's sitting there; then a couple of shuttles with other types of thread and after my first unloading then uploading different thread I won't be doing that too often I can tell you; and the other shuttle I have no control of - so I guess I would have been sitting pretty till I buy more!!! Not the prettiest, nor as easy to use, but definitely when in a pinch make use of what is around!!!

3 comments:

tattrldy said...

The candy cane looks good! A great start for the Christmas season.

I was wondering if you'd been over to intatters.com? It's a really nice tatting community with a lot of great pictures, ideas,answers, patterns, funnies, all kinds of things. If you haven't made it over there stop on by and check it out. I'm registered as tattrldy there as well.

tattrldy said...

p.s. - love the fishy shuttles you made! Way to go!

Joy said...

Wow Rose Anne. You are doing fantastic.