Wednesday, October 28, 2009

ASL "Tree of Life" Presentation

I can tell you that I survived my ASL Tree of Life presentation (video clip is 7 min 17 sec) today, but just barely. Actually at one point I saw black dots in my eyes so I closed them and took a deep breath and slowly exhaled and heard in the background my Manager saying I was doing good just breath deeply! LOL! It seemed forever but on the video just seconds and then I finished off!!! A few co-workers were a might concerned as they thought I was going to have an attack or something. SHEESH!!!

After an intensive 12 week-3 hours/week of day-to-day-type sign language training we had a presentation to do basically our own "Tree of Life" - to sign - no talking. Well I prepared it and took my camera to work and asked Mike to video tape my presentation - it was great but talk about what a nervous person I was - even before it was my turn!!! In the end I'm glad I did it my way even if it was a might trying!

Prejitters!!!

Left to right:
Lorne, our division's Assistant Deputy Minister, Sylvia our Instructor, John our deaf co-worker, and Margot our Director - after the Thank You speeches and flowers (made by co-worker Terri) were presented to Sylvia.

Okay this is my first time to upload a video clip and it didn't work!!! Why I don't know - maybe too large? Too bad as I was told by Sylvia and John that I did good! Maybe I'll get it uploaded another time.

1 comment:

tattrldy said...

Congratulations! I checked out your flip chart and thought it looked good. ASL is something I would like to learn - I'm not around anyone deaf, but I would like to do it anyway. I'm glad you survived. Maybe post your video to Youtube? Then insert that into your blog? I don't know how to do either, but I've seen it done. I look forward to seeing it whenever you get it posted!