Saturday, September 26, 2009

I Shouldn't Have -- But I Did!!!

Yep, I's been bad and blew my horribly waning budget to smithereens this weekend!!! But you know what, even if I rethought this I still would have done this and probably more!!!

Yesterday I picked up a Santa Lucia pizza, now it was a small not the medium I usually order nor a second one for a few $$$s less - just the one and I've half for tonight's supper too, then home to have it with Pepsi instead of brew!!!

Then this morning I slept in cause I was reading late, and off to get my usual short haircut - gosh it felt mucho better than thinking I'd grow it out some. And while there I asked my stylist if she knew of a nails salon as I noticed I was picking on them the other day and that was not good plus the last polish job was just lousy!!! I've got to somehow learn to change polish myself but I hate wasting the 3 hours or so it takes me to do so and then it's not such a great job either! Anyways she told me of the shop just opened in the mall there so off I went and a manicure was $15 and mani-pedi was $35 - hey I'd never had a pedicure and my sister has always told me to GET ONE - I seem to need it badly (barefoot and sandals as soon as it's warm enough and until it's too cold) - at least this year they didn't crack and bleed! So I had my first pedicure in one of those huge leather massage chairs and WOW WOW WOW - I think I'm going again!!! Now she was very gentle and only the sanding part bothered me and once the tickles surfaced and everyone there had a good laugh!!!



Now it's been like THREE MONTHS since I've chewed my nails so I'm trying with the payday manicure treats to hopefully keep them thus!!! So that should have been enough and I should have gone home right!!! WRONG!!!

I then headed towards Fabricland but stopped at A&W for a Teen burger lunch then over to the fabric store for some red thread and $7 later with lace and needle grabbers. Then stopped into Valu Village to check out some men's shirts and found TWO I'd have liked for a peasant's blouse for fall but not at $5.99 and $9.99 each - SHEESH they weren't new that is for sure. So I sauntered over to check the doilies but none that I felt I really needed but over in the crafts section I found this bag of wool "ropes" for $1.99 and I'm sure this is what is used for needle felting projects so I grabbed that - that's for sure. See the blended one on the left was still in it's sealed bag! So my niece, sister and I will definitely have some to try out this technique one of these days - heck the tools are expensive enough so good that I got this bargain.



Then I went next door into Kathryn's Stitching Studio and $16 later for some long Milleners needles for easier making of my Bullion knots and a metal tatting shuttle, good thing I didn't look at the threads or it would have been lots more. Then one last stop into Needlepoint Place and $17 later for a second tatting shuttle (twin to the one I had) and a lilac and forest green #8 DMC Perle Cotton for stitching/tatting projects.

That's enough - off home I headed - my feet were starting to ache and I wanted to meet with Pat F at the Craft Museum up the street from home, so I parked the car, dropped off my purchases and rushed up the street towards St. Mary's just to find that she had left like 10 minutes before!!! Pat Pat Pat!!! Now I can tell you my feet are burning!!!

So back home to grab my lawn chair, book and beading and off to the fountains to relax instead of my overly warm humid apartment. Well that did not last long as there were wedding parties everywhere and one photographer had the audacity to plunk his equipment (getto blaster blaring) just feet away from me and they were arranging for pictures right there - I was so tempted to just keep sitting there then thought it was not worth it and packed up to go to the other side of the grounds. That did not last long either so I just packed up and went home! I was getting hungry anyways!!!

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

When I saw feet, I thought on no, don't tell me that Rose Anne has injured her foot!

Pedi and manicure looking good.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

What a great sounding day! Good for you for treating yourself! I think the mani-pedi was a great bargain! I am in love with pedicures after getting my first a couple years ago. It feels SO GOOD! Your wool ropes are great too - I'll look forward to seeing what you do with the needlefelting. I think it is great fun and you were lucky to find this at Value Village - good eye!
Hugs,
Kerry