Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lace Group

And yesterday I actually learnt how to make those “pants” into a ring and add in a couple of picots too! Now it was 4-5 pants made and ripped out before I actually got a good one – so needless to say it was a long afternoon to make this small sample. LOL! One of the tatters in my online group said I am now officially a tatter for accomplishing this – hmmmm I don’t know about that, but I’ll keep trying and who knows maybe I’ll get to try one of the simple beginner patterns yet!!!



Okay I've enjoyed this afternoon with Michelle, my ex-Manager from Lewiscraft became friend, as we both visited with a local "lace group". Some time ago I met Ava at M&Ns Needlepoint shop on Pembina Hwy and was telling her about my trouble learning how to tat. She then invited me to visit their group and maybe join in the monthly gatherings and have the chance to learn from a few of the members who do tat. So today was my first chance to do so and boy was I ever glad as I truly did learn to make rings and picots - with much teeth clenching and muttered words!!!! So thank you very very much Ava for your teachings, much appreciated! Now to keep practicing and maybe actually get to do one of the beginner projects from my online tatting group lessons!!! I'll post the pics tomorrow as I can't from this PC.

Also in this group were four ladies ALL doing such exquisite bobbin lace and talk about the different apparatuses for that needlework too! NOPE I's not going to pick up another hobby - learning to tat is just fine of a goal enough for me. This I can use to further embellish my CQing projects in the future!

Some even do Hardanger and other types of needleworks within this group. I can't wait to meet more of these talented ladies and get to know them better in a smaller group. See some are from the larger Manitoba Prairie Quilters group I belong too also.

No comments: