Sunday, August 09, 2009

Flower Bed PC Tops Stitched!

PHEW, when I decide I wanna do something - I do it even if it takes more time and effort than I first anticipated - but it was worth it! At least I think so!!!

I know that before I finished the backgrounds I was thinking I should "rethink" this idea but after pondering on it I decided that they postcards would not turn out as I had envisioned them "my Mom's front yard flower beds on the farm" so I persevered and in the end am pleased with the outcome. I even sold the two "spares" I would have had way before they were even half finished - SHEESH!!! Oh and you aren't seeing things, those are two different background fabrics I've used.

Step 1: filler flowers and ferns
Step 2: irises
Step 3: sunflowers
Step 4: spider roses
Step 5: Marigolds and ferns
Step 6: babysbreath
Step 7: grasses poking up

Now don't get me wrong here, the postcards aren't finished, just the tops. See my PC at home is down and I have to find out if one of my friends can allow me to print my prepared backs up on their printers - and if yes then I'll be able to finish off the postcards. Otherwise I'll have to wait until my PC techie has a chance to check my baby out and see if it's fixable or whether I'm without a PC till I can afford to replace it! SHEESH stop thinking like this, my baby just needs a tuneup like me, myself and I after my belly flop!!! Then we'll both be good as new again! LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that turned out fantastic!!! It looks so realistic. You did a fabulous job!! I love it.

Susan said...

Rose Anne,
I love these. And 2 different backgrounds makes perfect sense because a growing area will never look exactly the same right?
I love the tire...brings back memories from my childhood. Beautiful colors!
What size did you make these?

Susan

Joy said...

Those are lovely! What a talented lady you are. I'm sure whoever receives those will treasure them.