Monday, August 31, 2009

Embellished Selvedges Postcards

OMGG this not having my own PC to upload pictures and blog about them when finished is not good. BUT there is light at the end of the tunnel as my PC is back home – just I’m not – so it’ll be another week before I sort of get back to normal, if there is a normal???

Also I've uploaded pics to the last three entries as I finally got the pics uploaded to the PC etc. so you might want to backtrack a bit!

Well first off I finished off my CQ embellished Selvedge Postcards being used as prizes for a competition in one of my groups and they have gone out into the mail. Talk about a learning experience these two have been for me. First off I had the delimma of finding selvedges from one designer for each card – made it! Then I knew with it fully embroidered that it would “shrink in” some so cut the pieces larger but DUMMY here didn’t mark the 4 X 6 inch size for embroidery boundaries - I thought I was a good judge of size here. SOOOOO needless to say I “chopped off” quite a bit of the embellishing and the worst part is the SRE parts!!! Then on the Kauffman (red edged) one the ruler slipped and chopped off my corner – BOO HOO HOO – but it’s still a lovely card!





BUT I know lots more about postcard making for the next batch!!!

No comments: