Thursday, July 09, 2009

Health

Okay, I've had a whopper of a pounding headache for two days and then last night dealt with an upset stomach to the point of discomfort - SHEESH!!! All I can say is I'm glad it's easing up as I have to somehow deal with my car and a "temperature" light on and it's in my niece's driveway!!! Yep I'm bussing it and not sure how it'll affect my niece's family's return this weekend.

Well I had my 3-month blood pressure check today and it was not good again - actually higher than the previous one. We had a "discussion" on the probable cause and solutions. It maybe that my medication has run it's course and he'd like to change it to another type of blocker or it might be just the increased anxiety I'm experiencing from various areas of my life and I'm reluctant to mess with meds! Hmmmm. So he asked about the changes in my life and how it has affected me and he's definitely not happy and decided to check my weight too - YIKES not good at all! BUT he is very happy with some of the help I personally am going through. I'm due back in 3 months again for more checks and tests too and then we'll discuss again the change of meds if needed.

Guess I am going to have to continue with the positive help and shutting out the negative and other non-helpful circumstances. I'm determined to reduce the bad anxiety and look forward to a relaxing retirement sooner than later!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Rose Anne
It does sound like you have been through a lot lately (although I don't know what about). But blood pressure is nothing to mess with (and as you know, those med changes can be awful!) If staying away from negative situations, people etc. is helping then by all means stay at it! Your health and mental/emotional/spiritual well-being is far too important. Please take care of yourself. :)