Thursday, June 25, 2009

Plans for CQd Heart Block Etc

Okay, I've decided to wait for one more RR heart block to be embellished and instead of the original wall hanging idea, my co-worker Darlene, who is always applauding or buying my creative works, thought it would be lovely to get a long rectangle shadow box type frame and a matte with three squares evenly spaced across and applique the hearts on individual appropriate backgrounds (it could sit over my couch). Now I think that is just lovely and I could make up a specific gummed label for each block and stick it onto the backing and maybe even inside too on fabric. See I'm first in line to say I can do the JOB, but lots of times I just don't see the FINISHED picture and that's when my family and friends come to my rescue - I thank you all for that too!

Then today Dale Anne suggested "Why not a matte cut with 3 hearts? Then you can frame them without a backing fabric." WELL that's a GREAT idea for the matte - it's going to cost me to have it cut anyways so why not a heart shaped one and have the magnificent CQd hearts pop right out???

Thank you both my dear friend and co-worker!!!

THEN Carolynn dropped by and mentioned that I should have it listed somewhere of what will happen with my treasures and funny as I myself was thinking of that last night after receiving this awesome heart. So I had decided that some will be donated to various family, friends and organizations when I'm gone and felt better with that decision. Well we had a chuckle as it was perfect timing! See she mentioned that one can contact certain charities about pieces you are going to leave to them for fundraisers etc in your will and some will even come photograph and appraise it and some will even give you a tax receipt now to use on your tax return - WOW!!! Also once this decision is made it's a good idea to put a label stating such on the back and also make a list in your will, keeping it up to date too. One never knows what will happen to these treasures once you're gone. Better to have it labeled etc. for posterity is better than tossed in the garbage bin or lost in a second hand store! Hey, don't go getting worried, I'm not sick, just wondering about my babies!!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hey, Rose Anne,
My older sister, the one with breast cancer ( mastectomy, followed four years later by radiation, and now it has been eight years), decided years ago that all of the quilts she made/makes will be donated to the Breast Cancer people, to be auctioned off, when she is gone. The heirloom stuff will not go that route, of course.
The other donation I just found out about, is that you can buy life insurance, and list a charity as the beneficiary, rather than naming a person.