Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Lovely Day - Despite!

Yep, many things kinda put a damper on today's gathering of the Aurora gals at their summer "picnic" held at Norma's lovely home, due to my own stupidity, the weather and other commitments.

See I was reading a book last week and because of the pouring rain Friday I decided I was just going to finish it - WELLLLL it took till 2:30 am to do so so naturally I woke feeling groggy and then proceeded to broil chicken pieces and then transferred them to a foil lined roaster and into the oven for baking before returning to bed for another hour. Then I picked up Jeanette & Martin and off we went to Norma's for the Aurora "picnic/pool gathering" which actually had to stay inside as it was a downright MISERABLE day with pouring rain and storm-like howling winds. Out of the 18 members (some out of towners to be honest) there were Norma (naturally), Gail, Val, Dianne, Virginia, Tami, Jeanette, Martin and myself - small but awesome cause we had this "holiday like spread" to ourselves. I said it was like a Christmas feast and shortly after that the conversation turned to specialty dishes for the holidays - HMMMM???





Afterwards we returned to their family room (pics by Norma) for more stitching and even borrowed from MPQ their scissor holder project and surprisingly I finished mine this time. Don't worry I have some extra sets and will bring my finished one to the next few meetings and those who weren't here can still make one for themselves.




Yes it was a lovely gathering and THANK YOU Norma & Ted for graciously letting us move inside for this day! BUT I truly did bring my newly bought swimsuit just in case the weatherman was wrong and it cleared up enough for me to enjoy the pool. DANG IT, I truly did want to go swimming!!!

Now I'm home and left over chicken pieces put away for my lunches/suppers next week or so and checking my emails before getting back to some RR blocks or a nap!

No comments: