Saturday, June 13, 2009

Guild Garage Sale

Thank you to the Exec. who put this event on, to the many sponsors who donated and also Guild-purchased awesome prizes (nope I did not win this time around) and also the Fort's well maintained facility! Even though I enjoyed the visit with friends, I was fairly disappointed in the results of the garage sale, but then it might have had something to do with the fact is was not at the hall but out at Lower Fort Garry, outside the city! It was well attended considering and I was starving and ready for the BBQd hotdogs and also the member made cole slaw and quilt cookie!!! YUMMY!!!

Oh well that means I've lots ready for my sister's event in August and last year I did not to bad and this year I've more postcards made up and today I even prepared some of the landscape ones - just have to get down to doing the free hand machine embellishing and then maybe some paint in places for added OOOMPH!

For our return trip, after checking with my two passengers, we made a very slight detour to Stonewall to take in Stacy's Quilter's Cottage garage sale. Yep I found a few excellent buys but otherwise I behaved myself!!! Then back home to work on some other waiting projects.

No comments: