Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tatting Success!

I don't believe it, after deciding yesterday to maybe give up and just follow the chatroom and lessons, the instructor emailed to ask some questions and we finally got me on the straight and narrow and trying the beginning double stitch (DS) again!

the WRONG

Well I finally got the DS, or as they call them the "PANTS", actually 8 failrly neat pants in a row - WOW!!! - before I goofed again. But lots further than I've ever gotten since starting. So maybe this weekend I'll start on some of the lesson work from #1 and #2 and see how far I get! YAHOOIE!!!!!!!!! See the even weight threads??? That was my problem along with not knowing the technique.

the RIGHT

Wouldn't that be something to finally catch onto this so admired stitchery? I've been enthralled with some of the pieces worked for years and drooled whenever seeing an item on the CQd blocks!!!

No comments: