Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Margreet's FFT#5 RR block

WOW, these blocks I thought would get easier as others stitched and gave a fuller picture to the block – NADA!!! I’m not sure if it is me or my “envisioning” or the blocks posing dilemmas for me but it’s still about a week or so before ideas fully hatch. It’s a good thing some are easier and I get those stitched on and pray others start percolating!!! I did work on Margreet's block while at McNally Robinson's Sharing Craft night last week and it received many compliments from passers by.


I LOVE your block Margreet and hope I’ve kept it “soft” as you’ve asked. I know I’ll be adding a web and spider somewhere and some camouflage too! I’m also hoping to work on that top left flower similar to what Shari did but in a different colour to compliment. Okay enough waiting to inspiration to hit me I’m diving in after a week of dreaming!!!
After Dianne & Shari

I auditioned my hearts and decided to put all three of them in as I could not decide on one and then beaded them in place. I also stitched over the fabric design with DMC floss in straight/stem and Colonial knots to emphasize that space but not take away from the hearts.


This is the first time I’ve used a teardrop bead body for the spider and bugle/seed beads for the legs – hope it’s not too much? With Needle Necessities overdyed floss I stitched a vine and leaves around the spider web and added some Japanese Buttonhole Twist Colonial knot flowers to it also.


And again I used Needle Necessities overdyed floss for the top left corner to imitate what Shari did on the other lace piece but in a rose shade and added the pink seed beads to all the flower centres. My last addition is below the upper left corner, Pat gave me the bridal lace trim and dusty rose accent trim which I anchored down with pale yellow seed beads. I guess these rolled blooms at the end will have to be unrolled for ease in stitching.


I also added the bead butterfly on the large lace piece too.


I hope you like how this is coming togetherMargreet! Now it’s onto Ritva to do her magic and finish off the block.

After Dianne, Shari and Rose Anne.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Rose Anne, your additions are spectacular! I really love how your spider and web turned out, and the laces and stitching is divine! You've definitely got "it", dahling!! :-) Big hugs, Cathy

Dianne said...

Oh how lovely your work is Rose Anne! Totally inspiring to a newbie like me! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Di