Saturday, March 21, 2009

Photo Landscape Workshop

Gosh I'm dead tired but yet wired and have been this way since supper time!!! This day was awesome and I just have to shake my head as to think I just about missed out on it. See I've just been feeling BLAH lately and have to force myself to stitch and that is not good for me!!! Then I remembered that I've already paid for this workshop and Sylvia too and since I was the driver I bit the bullet and just went - enjoyed myself too.

It started out just awesome with Michelle Dobrin's awesome display of photo landscapes and a slide presentation of all the steps for her techniques. And I must say she provided very detailed handouts so those of us not quite finished should have no problem doing so. It was a very laid back workshop (yes I was anxious in the morning) and many had their pieces just about to the binding stage and Christine very very very close to finished!!! It was amazing seeing all the various photos that were chosen and how they were interpreted and manipulated into fabric landscapes.

Now here are the steps to my landscape - I'm tickled pink with it - yep I am!!!

photo used
step #1
step #2
step #3
photo framing
step #4
photo corded

And here is Sylvia's project before and just about finished:

Sylvia's photo
step #1
step #2
step #3
step #4


Yes, Sylvia, like most I think enjoyed Michelle's techniques and well run workshop. Thank you MPQ!!!

No comments: