Tuesday, March 17, 2009

CQd Coffee Sleeve

Yep that was my next project that I've just finished!!! It's for a swap in my CQ-CA group and I'm only late by three days for mailing! Not bad eh, considering I had that comfort quilt to stitch up too and head out to visit my ailing Dad!!!

So basically I took a cardboard coffee sleeve apart and traced it out for my pattern then I planned out my CQ patches and stitched them together. Then layered the front with batting and embellished away.



Now I should have trimmed the quarter inch seam allowance off but I forgot and after sandwiching with a fusible backing I satin stitched the edges. Then hand stitched the two sides together and did some feather stitching to anchor securely together. I LOVE IT and I sure hope Sandy does too!!!





Now onto my CQd 6" block and embellishing too for the CQ-CA month end swap along with my regular CQI and SewBuds RR CQd blocks that are slowly trickling in for my turn of embellishing. I just love this!!!

7 comments:

Candi said...

Rose Anne, LOVE the coffee sleeve! Nice work.
hugz:)

Marie Alton said...

Rose Anne ... now this is fabulous! A wonderful gift ... beautiful & functinal! Love the idea.

Marie Alton said...

Hmmm ... Just noticed it'd go great on a Timmy's cup!

crazyQstitcher said...

You are going to be the classiest coffee drinker around Rose Anne and will most like start a craze for this beauty.

Faye said...

What a great idea, Rose Anne...
cheers - FDS

Judy said...

Sandy will certainly have to guard her coffee more rigorously with that lovely sleeve!!
Maybe I should make one for my father. He has gotten into the habit of going for coffee with friends. Only he would never use it, not wanting to get it dirty!

Diane said...

I like the way yours turned out. I mailed Linda's on Friday. In the end it fitted a large Tim's cup. It's a fun swap and I'm making another for my daughter!